Auchentoshan’s New Malt Order Bartender Competition
These Terms and Conditions prevail in the event of any conflict or inconsistency with any other communications, including advertising or promotional materials. Participants of the competition agree to be bound by these Terms and Conditions.
1. The ‘New Malt Order competition’ (the “Competition”) is open to entrants of the legal purchasing age in their country of residence (proof of age may be required). The competition is being operated by Beam Europe S.à r.l. (LEI: 549300JKWNSDCURXWL78) having their registered office at 6B, rue Gabriel Lippmann, Münsbach, LU-LU L-5365, Luxembourg (“Beam Suntory”) and Beam Suntory gives any of its subsidiaries companies relevant authority to operate and run this Competition on its behalf.
2. There is no entry fee and no purchase necessary to enter this Competition. A purchase will also not increase chances of winning.
3. The competition is to create a cocktail inspired by the entrant’s home city using Auchentoshan as the main ingredient. The cocktail recipe, method and image must be submitted via Instagram or to www.auchentoshan.com This Competition is not open to employees or contractors of Beam Suntory or its related companies, subsidiaries or agencies, or any person directly or indirectly involved in the organisation or running of the competition, or their direct family or household members.
4. The Competition launches on the 1st May 2018. The Competition closes on 2nd July 2018 at 10:00:00 GMT. Entries will be deemed made by the authorised account holder of the e-mail address or social media address submitted at the time of entry. The “authorised account holder” defined as the natural person who is assigned to an email address by an Internet access provider, on-line service provider, or other organisation responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted e-mail address.
5. All entries must be submitted by the closing date 2nd July 2018 at 10:00:00 GMT. After this date, no further entries to the Competition will be permitted. No responsibility can be accepted for entries not received for whatever reason up to and following the above date.
Auchentoshan New Malt Order Competition
TERMS & CONDITIONS
ENTRY TO COMPETITION
6. Competition details and how to enter are available via www.auchentoshan.com and Instagram and facebook. The bartenders entry on social media must include: the tag of @Auchentoshan, the tag of their bar (e.g. @barblackrock), a photo of their cocktail (no branding or bartender in the photo), cocktail ingredients and recipe, cocktail preparation methodology, a brief outline of their ‘City’ inspiration story behind the cocktail. No postal entries will be accepted.
7. One entry per participant only.
8. An entry consists of one recipe, one process and and one accompanying cocktail recipe submitted via Instagram, facebook or the website and received by Beam Suntory.
9. Obscene, provocative, inappropriate, offensive or otherwise objectionable content will not be considered and any such entry will be deemed invalid, and such determination is solely at the discretion of Beam Suntory. An entry will be deemed invalid if, in the opinion of Beam Suntory, it encourages irresponsible use of alcoholic beverages, or otherwise is not compliant with applicable laws, or Beam Suntory’s Global Marketing Code and responsible drinking policies. Beam Suntory shall consider any of the entries invalid at its sole discretion.
10. Eligible entrants will be judged by a local team of experts within the country they enter from. These experts will apply a set criteria to each entry. This will be at Beam Suntory’s discretion and the judges’ decision is final. Finalists will then be invited to a live final, within their country of entry, to present their cocktail entry and one other cocktail.
Finalists will be judged by industry experts (potentially including experts from within the distilled liquids industry, the hospitality and bar service industry, journalists, brand ambassadors or Beam Suntory employees) in each Market who will apply a set criteria to each entry. This will be at Beam Suntory’s discretion and the judges’ decision is final. The number of entrants invited to the live final in each country may vary.
NOTIFICATION OF PRIZE
11. Prize Winners (defined at clause 15) from all Markets will be selected by 7th September 2018. All Prize Winners will be notified by telephone or email.
12. Confirmed Prize Winners’ first name and surname will be publicly listed on the Site and will furthermore be showcased on social media channels including Auchentoshan’s Global Facebook and Instagram pages.
13. The Prize Winners to Glasgow (Scotland, UK) will be notified on or before 7th September 2018 and will be selected based on their ingredients, originality, inspiration behind their cocktails, aroma, taste and visual presentation. A representative of Beam Suntory will contact the Prize Winners via telephone and/or email to notify them of their successful entry and of their prize.
14. If confirmation from the Prize Winners is not received after the 3 days from being contacted, the prize will be passed onto a reserve entrant.
15.1 A maximum of 12 winners (each a “Prize Winner”) will be selected across all Markets to travel to Glasgow, Scotland to create a new exclusive edition of Auchentoshan (“the Prize”).
15.2 The Prize is subject to change or cancellation by Beam Suntory and Beam Suntory may give notice of this at any time without any liability being owed to any Prize Winner.
15.3 Prize Winners need to be able to travel between 23rd September 2018 and the 28th September 2018.
16. The Prize includes:
16.1 Travel (standard class travel (where standard class is not available a similar class level decided at the sole discretion of Beam Suntory), transportation & transfers to and from the major airport nearest the Prize Winner’s home will be arranged). Prize Winners must depart and return to the same airport; the trip must be taken on the specified date and specific travel dates and arrangements are subject to availability and some restrictions.
16.2 Ground transportation will be arranged where required.
16.3 5 nights hotel accommodation (minimum 4 star rating) based on occupancy in Glasgow of the duration of the stay will be pre-arranged and is included in the prize.
16.4 Set meals whilst in Glasgow will be prearranged and provided to the Prize Winners (including dinners on arrival on day one; breakfast, lunch and dinner on all other days).
16.5 No spending money will be provided, this will be at the Prize Winners’ own cost; gratuities and all other expenses not specified herein, including without limitation all applicable international security fees, passenger facility charges, passport costs and trip insurance, are the Prize Winners’ responsibility.
16.6 If a Prize Winner is unable to complete the trip on the dates specified, and/or is unable to attend all promotional events scheduled to take place during the trip, the Prize Winner shall forfeit the Prize in its entirety and an alternative Prize Winner will be selected, time permitting, based on the criteria described above.
16.7 Beam Suntory reserves the right to substitute the Prize with another of equivalent value in the event of unavailability due to circumstances beyond Beam Suntory’s control.
16.8 The Prize is not transferable, and may not be exchanged for cash except at Beam Suntory’s sole discretion; the prizes will only be awarded directly to the Prize Winners.
16.9 Beam Suntory is not responsible for contacting or awarding the Prize to any selected entrant that provides incorrect or incomplete information, or who does not respond to Beam Suntory’s call or email, for any reason whatsoever.
17. Beam Suntory are responsible for costs detailed only in clause 16 to 16.4.
RIGHTS TO CONTENT & DATA
18. By entering the competition, the entrant agrees that any and all intellectual property in their recipe, process and accompanying cocktail recipe belongs to and can be used by Beam Suntory for promotional and business purposes in association with the entrant’s name, place of work and identity. This can be used solely at Beam Suntory’s discretion. Entrants agree to sign any legal documentation transferring their rights in said intellectual property to Beam Suntory immediately on Beam Suntory’s request.
19. The Prize Winners may be asked to co-operate with Beam Suntory for reasonable publicity purposes if so required including but not limited to appearing in photography and using their names. By accepting the Prize, the Prize Winner consents to the use of his/her name and place of residence for publicity purposes without further compensation now or hereafter. The Prize Winner agrees that photography and written and/or verbal statements on the Prize may be used under the same conditions.
20. If any publicity is required that is not related to the Competition, Beam Suntory will be required to receive the express approval from entrants and/or Prize Winners.
21. By entering the Competition entrants agree that their personal data submitted as part of the Competition entry process will be stored and processed on behalf of Beam Suntory as data controller in accordance with applicable data protection laws. Entrants agree that such data may be used to contact the Winners of the Competition and for publicity purposes as stated above and Prize Winners’ names will be provided to third parties on request. A request to access, update or correct any information should be directed to Beam Suntory.
TERMS OF ENTRY
22. You agree that, to the extent permissible by law, Beam Suntory and its affiliates, agents and their employees and director assume no liability for personal injury, losses or damages of any kind to property or persons, resulting in whole or part, directly or indirectly, from entry into the Competition in any way. Nothing shall exclude Beam Suntory’s liability for death or personal injury as a result of its gross negligence.
23. Beam Suntory reserves the right to withdraw, amend or temporarily suspend the Competition in its absolute discretion, including for legal or technical reason (e.g computer virus, errors in the software hardware) provided that it shall not exercise this right unreasonably. Beam Suntory will always endeavour to minimise the effect on the entrants to avoid undue disappointment.
24. By entering the Competition (via submitting a ingredients, process and accompanying cocktail) entrants agree to accept and comply with these terms and conditions in full. Entrants who fail to do so will be disqualified.
25. Beam Suntory encourages consumers to enjoy Auchentoshan responsibly.
26. The construction, validity and performance of these Terms and Conditions will be governed by Scots law and entrants and any Prize Winner agrees to submit to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the Scottish courts.